So you’d like to create promo codes to give to people so they don’t have to pay for your app? You’re in the right place. Here’s a step by step guide on how to generate these promo codes for your Apple app:
- Log in to iTunes Connect
- Click the My Apps icon
- Select the app you wish to generate promo codes for…
- Select the Features Tab.
- Click Promo Codes, listed in the left-hand menu at the bottom.
- Enter the number of codes you’re after. You’re only given 100 for each version of app, and they expire after 4 weeks…so choose wisely!
- Click Generate Code(s) once you’ve entered the number…and agree to the contract you’re prompted with!
- The codes will be listed on the screen and will also be sent to the account team agent via their contact email.
Redeeming the codes…here’s some instructions you can send to the people you’re giving the codes to.
On iPhone / iPad
- Open the App Store
- Tap Featured and scroll to the bottom
- Tap Redeem and enter your credentials
- Enter the code
- Open the iTunes Store
- Click Redeem and enter your credentials
- Enter the code
The app will start downloading if it's redeeming an app promo code. For in-app purchase promo codes, the app will automatically download if the app is free and not currently installed on the device. If the app is paid, you will need to download the app in order to redeem the in-app purchase.
NB: Turn on automatic downloads if you want the app downloaded to your devices automatically. On the device go to Settings, iTunes and App Store, and ensure Automatic Downloads for apps is turned on.
Alternatively, sync your device with iTunes after the app has downloaded