My Tours supports adding 360° panorama images into your tours. Give people an immersive tour if they can't be on location. Or if you are lucky enough to have any historical images constructed into a 360° panorama you can show people how the world around them used to look.
Below is an example of a 360 image in action.
To create an image 360 panorama, an equirectangular image (2 to 1 ratio e.g. width and height is 1024 x 512) is required. Most 360° cameras take equirectangular panorama images.
Create a 360° image zip file
You will need to create a zip file to add a 360° image to your tour. To create a 360 image zip file do the following:
- Download the 360 Image zip file below.
- Extract the 360 Image folder.
- Open the folder. There is an example image, titled "image.jpg", in the folder. Delete the example image from the folder, add your own 360 panorama image and rename it to "image".
- Compress (zip-up) the folder.
To create a 360° panorama stop do the following:
- Created a new information page from the stop list
- Edit the page
- Change the page type from information page to Panorama
- Click on choose file and upload a zip file of your panorama scene
- Add a title (and subtitle if you like).
- Save the page.
Please note that 360° images are currently in Beta. Please get in touch to enable this on your app.
For a more in-depth look at 360° panorama images take a look at panolens.js